4.19.2007

friday night concert

Okay, I bet you all are just on the edges of your seats waiting for me to tell you about the Concert for Life (w/ Jeremy Casella and Joe Bassett) I went to last Friday... or not. But I will tell you anyway! It was awesome! :-)

Joe opened up with a few songs, with Jeremy Casella accompanying him on guitar and his wife Rhonda singing background vocals on 2 of the songs. He sang some songs from his new album coming out May 15th (which I preordered by the way - can't wait to hear it), including the title track, a very cool song called "Nothing Hurts Like the Truth" (which, by the way, has been stuck in my head ever since the concert, so sometimes I start singing it out loud, to the great annoyance of my sister Abby.)

Then, Jeremy did some songs. He also did some new songs, from his new album coming out May 15th (yes, the same day as Joe's... I also preordered this one). They were fantastic. I especially loved the one he did on the piano: "Hand of God". Absolutely beautiful! He also did some of my favorites from one of his his other CDs "10,000 Angels", such as "Love that Will Not Let Me Go" and "Cast Away Stones".

So, all in all, it was one great evening of music. I would highly recommend checking out these guys (click on their names to visit their sites) and ordering their new CDs coming MAY 15th!!!!! (Did I say that already? Sorry.) I hope Jeremy and Joe do another concert together soon!

So long & fare thee well!
Katherine

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At April 21, 2007 at 9:14 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yo yo cool cool lol no this is not Beth lol so i wish i could of been there!

 
At April 21, 2007 at 6:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you liked the show, thanks for taking pictures! I heard a good chunk of Jeremy's cd that weekend and I think you'll REALLY love it... it's pretty amazing.

 
At April 21, 2007 at 8:10 PM , Blogger katherine said...

No problem, Joe. :) I totally can NOT wait to hear it. I'm sure it is very awesome. :)

Wish you could have been there too, Faith. See you in June! YAY!

 
At April 22, 2007 at 3:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol, silly dilly, i do not talk like that... much. anywho if it was me my name would be beth not pslam writer. and cool! i heard about it from emy.

 
At April 22, 2007 at 10:17 PM , Blogger Jonathan said...

hey katherine! sounds like you had fun at that concert! I just noticed that I hadn't commendted on your blog yet so I decided to leave you a comment. I think its cool that y'all are comming this summer perhaps we can hang out whie y'all are here :-)

 
At April 23, 2007 at 12:33 PM , Blogger katherine said...

hey jonathan! thanks for the comment. I am so excited about our trip too. I can't wait to see everyone!! :)

Oh and Beth, yes you do talk like that alot. But that's okay... :) Tell Mel I said HI. Tell her to e-mail me sometime! I haven't heard from her in forever. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home