6.12.2007

good times

We just got home from Texas last night. Our trip was AWESOME! The best part was seeing our friends. Well, I guess I will give y'all a quick summary of our trip. Hope it's not too boring for ya. I'll try to liven it up and not make it too long.

Saturday, June 2 - We left for Texas from the airport in Baltimore. We had to wait in line forever, so by the time we got to our gate, they were already boarding and we had no time to eat. And of course, they only serve light snacks on the plane, and even those cost money. So by the time we arrived in Texas we were famished. Our grandparents met us at the rental car place BUT they didn't have our reservation and they had no other cars available. So we had to go to the other rental car place and thankfully they had a car for us. It took mom a while to figure out the car (Nissan Altima). Instead of shifting, she kept turning on the windshield wipers . She ran the car almost completely out of washer fluid doing that. :) Then we went to get some dinner, then to my grandparent's house, where we stayed all week.

Sunday, June 3 - Church.Faith and Audrey were at the door waiting for us. It was sooo good to see our friends again. This church was where we used to go when we lived in TX 13 years ago. So it is always nice to go back and see the many families that are still there and see how much the church has grown. Sunday night we went to my grandparent's church and saw this youth choir sing a bunch of songs. They sounded pretty good. This was the church my mom grew up in so she saw some people that she knew that remembered when she was born and all that. I had no clue who anybody was.

Monday, June 4 - Didn't really do much during the day. Mom and Abby went with my grandparents to the store and the library. Monday night we went over to our friends (the Browns) house for dinner and Emily spent the night. It was so nice to spend time with the Browns since we rarely get to see them. They are such a nice family. Abby kept everyone entertained. She played video games with Faith and her brothers (Micah and David). We learned that David is not Abby's type. Then five minutes later we learn that Abby thinks David is cute. That girl confuses me. Mom got lost going back to my grandparent's house from the Browns. That was fun.

Tuesday, June 5 - Picked Emily up at McDonald's. Then we drove to McKinney to visit our 89 year old great grandmother. She was so happy to see us. They had an organ in the room we were in (at the nursing home) and they made me play some songs. But I don't even know how to play the organ so it didn't sound too nice. We got lost (again) driving back. That was fun too.

Wednesday, June 6 - Went to the Dallas Zoo. It was very hot and the animals had interesting aromas. But it was pretty fun anyway. Abby loves going there so we went and had fun since she couldn't go to Six Flags. I liked the gorilla. Wednesday night we went to church. I got to see Stephanie! :)

Thursday, June 7 - Went to the Parks Mall in Arlington. That place rocks. Compared to our mall, especially. I ate at Chick-fil-a. Since I missed it so much. (Yeah right.) I just wanted to see what other Chick-fil-as are like since I have only been to mine since I started working there. Emily and I went to see Pirates 3 while Abby and Mom ice-skated. The movie was pretty good. Then we walked around and bought some candy and I got this awesome Texas t-shirt. After that, we drove Emily down to the Hodsons, for Audrey's sleepover party. Mom backed into a ditch in front of their house, so I ran and got Ruth and her brothers to help us push her out. :)

Friday, June 8 - Ate breakfast at IHOP without Emily. Then went and picked up Emily. Abby went crazy over the Hodsons' puppies. Didn't really do much that day. At night we ate out at a Mexican restaurant.

Saturday, June 9 - Our awesome trip to Six Flags! (Click here to see a picture of Emily, me, Faith, Audrey, and Micah going in) Audrey's mom got us some discount tickets since she worked there. It was the first time I'd ever been to any Six Flags. I LOVED it. We went with Faith, Micah, Audrey, Stephanie, Andrea, Christina, and Jonathan. We got there when it opened so the lines were not long at all. We rode so many awesome rides. The only 2 I did not ride were Superman and Titan. Only now I wish I had, of course. I promise I will next time, guys!! :) It was really hot there, but I didn't really mind since I was having so much fun with my friends (who are just about the coolest in the entire world). And I drank alot of water, which is good. The best rides were the rollercoasters of course. I rode about 7 of them, 2 I rode twice (Batman and Shockwave). Emily decided that she is going to have her 16th b-day (in July) at Six Flags America in Baltimore. Yay! I only wish our Texas friends could come too!

Sunday, June 10 - Went to church, of course. Pastor Vincent preached a very good sermon. Had to say goodbye to everyone. (*sniff*) If the Lord wills, maybe we can come again next year. I hope so! :)

Monday, June 11 - Drove to the airport. A humongous truck hit the back of our car and somehow all we got was a few tiny dents. We were so thankful. The flight we were on was overbooked so it was crowded and we had the very back seats, so we couldn't see out the window. And it was LOUD. Oh well, it was nice to be back home and see Dad. My class ring came in the mail when I was gone. I love it. Dad also bought us gifts since he missed us so much. (I got Ralph Lauren perfume.) Oh and the weather got much cooler up here while we were gone! Yay!

Well there you have it. A "short summary" of our trip. I had an amazing time and I am so thankful for God's protection and care over us & that he blessed us with such a wonderful time.

Talk to y'all later!

Labels: ,

17 Comments:

At June 13, 2007 at 2:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

the pic wont come up for me! *cries* it says image not found. *sniff sniff* sounds like ya'll had fun!! wish i coulda been there.

 
At June 13, 2007 at 5:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

well thank you i agree i am the coolest. hey do you have ski resorts up in "deli were?"? yall wer cool but next time you need to ride the titan... with faith. oh somthings rong with that link the pic didint work. enjoy the cooler wether up there becaus its HOT down here. what mexican food place did you go to?

 
At June 13, 2007 at 10:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yah, you should have rode the titan, i bet it rocks!!

 
At June 14, 2007 at 12:27 PM , Blogger katherine said...

no, we don't have ski resorts up here. :) that would be awesome if we did though. i've never been skiing in my life but it looks awesome.

and the mexican restaurant was called Los Lupes I think. it was alright. but i really wanted some mexican food since good mexican food in delaware is pretty much nonexistent.

and yes i PROMISE i will ride the titan next time. :)

sorry the pics didn't work guys! but Micah, I ordered some so when we get them I will send some to you and Faith. :)

 
At June 16, 2007 at 12:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have our group picture(without faith):( outside of spongebob on my blog. YAY! lol. It was so fun. I can't wait 'til y'all come again!

 
At June 16, 2007 at 5:45 PM , Blogger katherine said...

oh yeah i have that pic too. only our eyes are strangely VERY black since SOMEONE removed the red eye. that's okay though i guess black eyes are better than red eyes.

 
At June 16, 2007 at 10:50 PM , Blogger Jonathan said...

hey Katherine! Yes Sixflags was a lot of fun, I really enjoyed that day. I'm glad you had fun on your trip to Texas, should come down more often :-p I'm wondering though, how come you never reply to my messages on AIM. My screenname is JEFG87 but everytime I say hi you never reply. Oh well, I hope you have a good rest of the weekend :-D bye bye!

 
At June 17, 2007 at 2:03 PM , Blogger katherine said...

hmm... sorry, i haven't been getting your messages! i don't know why! i will definitely try and say hi next time you are on!!! that's kind of weird. glad you had fun at six flags too, jonathan!!! :) can't wait till we can come down there again. hopefully it won't be too long.

 
At June 19, 2007 at 12:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uhh Katherine Micah keeps telling me that you guys said he was the coolest because you said that on your blog.....thanks now he is even fuller of him self LOL jk but we had so much fun come see us again SOOOOn!

 
At June 21, 2007 at 12:08 PM , Blogger katherine said...

haha... sorry faith! :) and yes i hope we can see you guys again very soon. i miss y'all so much already!!! :(

 
At June 22, 2007 at 1:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Micah said No she is not sorry i wanted her to say that YES HE IS THE COOLEST! LOL he is such a boy!

 
At June 22, 2007 at 3:46 PM , Blogger ^^!<@}{ said...

faith i did not say that sary guys i was around when she wrote that lets just say if highpernes whas eligall sheed get the deth penlety

 
At June 23, 2007 at 3:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

GUYS HE DID SAY THAT!!!!!!

 
At June 23, 2007 at 8:19 PM , Blogger katherine said...

ok, well, maybe this will settle things.

MICAH IS THE COOLEST!!!!

FAITH IS THE COOLEST!!!!

 
At June 23, 2007 at 8:32 PM , Blogger katherine said...

even though y'all already know i think you're the coolest. :) the entire brown family is the coolest!!!

 
At June 24, 2007 at 2:03 PM , Blogger Emily said...

i'd definitely have to agree to that

 
At June 25, 2007 at 1:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

well i know you mean it about me and r just trying to make Micah feel better so altake it.

And yeah we are pretty cool!

LOL SO R YALL!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home